Friday, September 26, 2014

Butterflies

I spent this past weekend in Harrison Hot Springs for a work retreat. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and it was a chaotic yet lovely weekend. I love mini getaways because they hold me over until I get to truly travel next. It's becoming a bit of a problem how addicted I've become to being in new places. I was able to sneak out for an early morning run by myself on Sunday morning, and it was the most perfect way to start the day. I can't complain about the view around the lake either. It's a good reminder that I need to slow down sometimes and just take in the world around me; I get so caught up in due dates and deadlines that I forget to step back and just breathe. 
Cooling down on the dock in Harrison Hot Springs
So, with all the little getaways and over-committing myself yet again, it's been a really crazy start to the year (because as a student, my year still starts in September). As a means of staying sane, I've been giving myself little breaks where I can remove myself from work, school and volunteering to dream about vacations and where I want to be next. I'm nearly all settled on my next big trip - I've got dates and flights in mind so there's only a few emails to my travel agent left before everything is finalized. Regardless of how many times I book a trip, how near or far I'm going, or how long I plan to be away, there is nothing comparable to the feeling I get when I finally confirm a trip. The butterflies in my stomach and the nervous excitement (even if I've been there many times before) is probably one of my favourite feelings in the world. Taking off on a plane comes in a close second for sure. The anticipation for the end of the semester is beyond words at this point. The payoff is going to be so great though - graduation at last!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment